The purpose of the Academy is to provide a concentrated experience to assist faculty committed to course redesign.
The goals of the experience are:
- Understand the principles and specifics of the University’s Redesign Initiative.
- Share ideas and peer-review redesign approaches of other participating faculty members.
- Become familiar with various lecture captures technologies and presentation techniques.
- Structure assessment plans for measuring learning outcomes, costs, and University reporting.
- Incorporate small-group collaborative learning strategies into large courses.
- Facilitate highly-active large group instructional startegies.
- Integrate alternative assessment approaches that promote learning.
- Increase opportunities for critical thinking and reflection in high-enrollment settings.
Click HERE to download the Course Redesign Proposal.
[slideshow width="680" height="380"]
Academy Summer 2010
“I thought the expertise of the presenters and the quality and variety of the topics were excellent– We overviewed many practical suggestions and ideas that can be directly incorporated into our classes– excellent all around– recommend for all faculty!”
“I think the academy was a useful activity to get people on track for both the concept of designing instruction, but also on the many different tools we have available to create content.”
“This was a super workshop. I am extremely excited about using some of their ideas in my classes.”
“I liked the materials that I can adapt and use right away.”
“I will more effectively implement assessment, know better what software to use to meet my needs, and know better how to reach my teaching objectives.”